We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely grated clementine peel
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter until coarse crumbs form. Combine buttermilk and clementine peel in small bowl. Add to dry ingredients, tossing until moistened.
Gather dough into ball and divide in half. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Flatten each half into 3/4-inch-thick rounds. Cut each round into 6 wedges and transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake scones until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.